Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pasta e Fagioli


Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta with beans) is easy and healthy. Farmer fresh shell beans, fresh picked garden tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and the pasta of your choice.  I chose Lily's vegan ziti because it was what I had and I love it! 


Lily's Fresh pasta is located in Everett and The Fenway, Boston. You can go there and buy it fresh or frozen.  I buy mine at my favorite little market Sherman's.   Sherman's sells the frozen..it is still fresh and homemade and will cook in only 5 minutes.   I love buying and cooking fresh pasta from Dave's Pasta in Davis Sq, but I also like having something (once in a while!) that does not have to be cooked that day..enter Lily's..

2-3 small tomatoes
basil leaves (fresh)
evoo
garlic
1 cup of fresh beans
2-3 cups of water
pasta

Boil the beans separate until soft. 

Crush the tomatoes in a chopper. Saute the garlic in a bit of evoo, add tomatoes and basil. Cook for a few mins.  

The smell is intoxicating and reminds me of Sundays growing up in my Italian household..I digress..

The key to this was cooking everything in one large pan..I do not have high quality cooking gear, so I cooked it all in my Wok and it worked great.    Add the beans and about 2 cups of the water you boiled the beans in and mix.  Add pasta and let cook until el dente. Salt and pepper to taste 

Here is the final product.

Be healthy and happy!  ~L



No comments:

Post a Comment