Sunday, August 29, 2010

Grateful for thinking ahead and Dave's Fresh Pasta

It has been a busy weekend and this girl is wiped.  Tonight I was really too tired to prepare anything but boiled water.  Luckily, I bought roasted artichoke and fontina cheese ravioli from Dave's Fresh Pasta yesterday afternoon.

Dave's is located on Holland St, just outside Davis Sq (proper).  More than a pasta shop, Dave's is also known for selling scrumptious sandwiches, fresh local vegetables, cheeses, eggs, dairy and yummy desserts (some made in house, some from local bakeries).    Walk past the pasta, sandwiches, cold cuts and find the wonderful alcohol section.  The wine guys are super helpful and won't make fun when you give them quizzical look when asking if you like dry or sweet or whatever wine.  Just give me something that taste good..and they will!

While I was waiting in line for the ravs, I thought the perfect topping would be a nice fresh pesto.  Got home and whipped it up quick, even though I knew I would not need it until tonight.   Here we are..too tired to prepare much, all I had to to was boil water and cut up a few cherry tomatoes...dinner is served.

I adapted a recipe for Almond-Basil Pesto.  I omitted the parm cheese and used 1 tablespoon of olive oil instead of two.  Good fat is good for you, but too much can ruin its positive effects.  I got the pesto to a nice paste using about 4 tablespoons of water..worked just fine.  One garlic clove and some salt and pepper.  I roasted the almonds for a few minutes.  You could microwave them, but I don't have one so stove top is how it got done.

Before
After




and here is dinner
Cook the ravs until tender, top with pesto and fresh cherry tomatoes (uncooked).  Quick, easy and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment