Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A fork and the best birthday cake..

Birthday week has been fantastic so far spending time with great family and friends, but 4 nights out in a row has left me craving a night in and some me time.  Although sad that my plans with a great friend were canceled tonight, I am  happily hanging in with a Jon Stewart rerun and this little tasty treat.  Red Velvet goodness with cinnamon buttercream.  No, a mouse did not nibble a bit of cake, it was me.  Yes, I am writing while eating cake right from the box..don't judge.. you would be too if this was your cake.



Outside
Inside





   








A new baker is in town and I had a perfect excuse to seek her out.  Her name is Linda Hein and her place is called The Chocolate Tart.  Located in Somerville, the store front is unassuming so you may pass it.  I suggest  you don't pass it, but rather you look closely and not miss out on indulging in some fantastic goodies.   I was teased a few weeks back when I bought a mini red velvet cupcake from this bakery that was being sold at Dave's Fresh Pasta.  I was hooked and knew I needed this is a larger form and on my birthday.   The cake is moist  and delectable.  The frosting is not overly sweet and not over loaded on top.  Sweet and Simple could be an alternative name for this adorable little bakery.  Oh and I must mention that the little bit of chocolate wishing me a happy birthday was a taste of heaven.  I would very much like to jump into a bowl of this chocolate and eat my way out...or maybe just buy a cake with chocolate frosting.

The store front just opened and is located at 199c Highland Ave, Somerville. They sell products at other locations so go to the website and find a mini cupcake near you: http://www.thechocolatetarte.com/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear that this place is open. I am looking forward to trying it and it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Online cake delivery in Delhi

    ReplyDelete