Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rapscallion Beer: The local beer for the local people.

Sunday and the regular ritual of PJs, Dexter and that sinking feeling of knowing another great weekend has ended and a full work week is before me.  We all get this way, right?  Normally, I relax on a Sunday afternoon by preparing local foods and then write about it here. To change things up,  this afternoon was not about the local food but the local beer.   The way to pry me from my brand new oven is with the promise of good beer, fun people and free/discounted stuff..the nonprofit pay check likes that part too!  The guys at Rapscallion promised and delivered!  In fact, if I did not have to ride by my office to get home tonight, the thought of sitting in the chilly office tomorrow may not have even came to mind until the morning...


This afternoon I went with a great friend to Stoddard's on Temple Pl in downtown Boston.  If you have yet to make your way to this fine place, please do so soon.  They are new and could use support!  The  selection of beer on tap is huge..including the wonderful Rapscallion.  Today was the Rapscallion Halloween Party with a special treat of Honey Ale in a cask.  Combine that with a large screen to watch the Pats trample the Vikings and not having to dress up..fun times had by all.   

Now I am the furthest thing from a beer expert, but I know what I like and I like this beer.  You may recall I have blogged about it in the past..and I will happily write about it again.  It is tasty, it is local and now I can confirm that the guys that own it are friendly and fantastic..which only makes me want to support them more and demand that you do they same!  Brothers (and twins!) Cedric and Pete purchased Concord Brewery a few years back and have been getting the new ownership and name out there as much as possible.  They stand by the local model and are currently only distributing (via keg) to bars in MA and RI.  It is rather special to be able to have our own beer in the area...imagine your out of town friends come and you tell them of this elusive beer that can only be found in a few select areas on the North East..they love it and come back to "visit you" but really just for the beer.  It is that good.  I am partial to the Honey Ale, but had a sneak sip of the Premier tonight and found it to be delightful.  They also have a lager, which I will just say it great because I am sure it is... 

Much like the local  fruits and vegetables, why buy the items that are shipped from other states or countries when you can have a fresh and amazing item made in your own back yard?  I have not steered you wrong yet...so next time you are out give Rapscallion a try!  Some places you can fine them..  My favorite local restaurant Pizzeria Posto in Davis Sq., Asgard in Central Sq (where I suggest you eat truffle tater tots with the beer), The Squealing Pig, Mission Hill (one of my old haunts!), Atwoods Tavern in Inman Sq....and many many more places.  
Just check out their website: http://www.drinkrapscallion.com/home.shtml, click on the Taste tab and use the beer finder!  I also suggest Liking them on facebook so that you are up on where they are and any events that are going on.   Their postings will definitely help you find a place to go after work or on the weekends...

OK, by writing this I actually missed Dexter so I am going to watch that while you plan your next outing around supporting Rapscallion..

Think Local, Eat Local, and Drink Local!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment